comparative lca of concrete with recycled aggregates a

Provide customers with tailor-made solutions

Comparative LCA of concrete with recycled aggregates: a ...

2020-8-6  A comparative LCA of concrete with recycled aggregates and PC versus GGBFS-based concrete mixtures is proposed. Functional unit. In this work, the functional unit (FU) is represented by 1 cubic meter of reinforced concrete with a compressive strength of 30 MPa to be used in a building.

Get Price

Comparative LCA of concrete with recycled aggregates: a ...

Request PDF Comparative LCA of concrete with recycled aggregates: a circular economy mindset in Europe PurposeConstruction and demolition waste (CDW) is the largest waste stream in the ...

Get Price

Comparative LCA of concrete with recycled aggregates: a ...

2020-8-6  Comparative LCA of concrete with recycled aggregates: a circular economy mindset in The International Journal of Life Cycle Assessment ( IF 4.141) Pub Date : 2020-08-06, DOI: 10.1007 Francesco Colangelo, Tomás Gómez Navarro, Ilenia Farina, Antonella Petrillo

Get Price

Comparative LCA of concrete with recycled aggregates: a ...

2020-8-6  The aim of the present research is to propose a comparative LCA of concrete with recycled aggregates in the context of European politics. Methods Life cycle assessment (LCA) methodology is applied using Simapro© software. A cradle to grave analysis is carried out.

Get Price

Comparative LCA of concrete with recycled aggregates: a ...

2020-8-6  Comparative LCA of concrete with recycled aggregates: a circular economy mindset in Europe RiuNet: Repositorio Institucional de la Universidad Politécnica de Valencia

Get Price

Comparative LCA of Concrete with Natural and Recycled ...

2019-11-11  Comparative LCA of concrete with natural and recycled coarse aggregate in the New York City area Ardavan Yazdanbakhsh1 Lawrence C. Bank1 Thomas Baez1 Iddo Wernick2 Received: 7 September 2016/Accepted: 20 June 2017 # Springer-Verlag GmbH Germany 2017 Abstract Purpose The purpose of the present study is to compare the

Get Price

Comparative LCA of concrete with natural and recycled ...

2017-7-13  Purpose The purpose of the present study is to compare the environmental impacts of using coarse natural aggregate (NA) and coarse recycled concrete aggregate (RCA) to produce concrete in the New York City area, by means of a unique LCA framework that incorporates comprehensive regional data. Methods A comparative environmental impact assessment study was performed on the critical

Get Price

Comparative LCA of recycled and natural aggregate

2019-8-10  The comparative study on the LCA of RAC as well as NAC proportioned using EMV method and conventional mix design method demonstrated that, at least 67% of each impact category is due to the materials used in the concrete for concrete preparation and reported lesser environmental impact for EMV mix designed concrete (Jiménez et al., 2015).

Get Price

Comparative LCA of recycled and conventional concrete

Comparative LCA of recycled and conventional concrete for structural applications ... the potentially higher cement demand due to the larger surface of the coarse recycled

Get Price

Comparative studies of the life cycle analysis between ...

2019-1-1  Recycled concrete aggregate (RCA) are aggregates obtained by recycling clean concrete waste where content of other building waste must be very low – below few per cent. For instance, British standard BS 8500-2 ( BSI, 2006 ) defines RCA as recycled aggregate with maximum masonry/fines content of 5%, maximum lightweight material/asphalt content ...

Get Price

Comparative LCA of concrete with recycled aggregates: a ...

2020-8-6  Comparative LCA of concrete with recycled aggregates: a circular economy mindset in The International Journal of Life Cycle Assessment ( IF 4.141) Pub Date : 2020-08-06, DOI: 10.1007 Francesco Colangelo, Tomás Gómez Navarro, Ilenia Farina, Antonella Petrillo

Get Price

Comparative LCA of Concrete with Natural and Recycled ...

2019-11-11  Comparative LCA of concrete with natural and recycled coarse aggregate in the New York City area Ardavan Yazdanbakhsh1 Lawrence C. Bank1 Thomas Baez1 Iddo Wernick2 Received: 7 September 2016/Accepted: 20 June 2017 # Springer-Verlag GmbH Germany 2017 Abstract Purpose The purpose of the present study is to compare the

Get Price

Comparative LCA of concrete with recycled aggregates: a ...

2020-8-6  Comparative LCA of concrete with recycled aggregates: a circular economy mindset in Europe RiuNet: Repositorio Institucional de la Universidad Politécnica de Valencia

Get Price

Comparative LCA of concrete with natural and recycled ...

Comparative LCA of concrete with natural and recycled coarse aggregate in the New York City area Author: Ardavan Yazdanbakhsh , Lawrence C. Bank , Thomas Baez , Iddo Wernick

Get Price

COMPARATIVE LCA OF NATURAL AND RECYCLED

2019-2-27  According to the scope of the present study, the comparative LCA studies on the extraction of recycled coarse aggregate (RCA) from CD waste and processing of NCA is discussed in this paper. The study of Simion et al. [12] revealed that, the CO 2 emission in the processing of RCA is seven times lower than NCA production.

Get Price

Comparative studies of the life cycle analysis between ...

Abstract Ten comparative life cycle assessments of reinforced concrete slab life cycle were performed. Analysed slab was from a typical floor structure of residential buildings and made either of conventional [natural aggregate concrete (NAC)] or recycled aggregate concrete (RAC). The goal was to investigate the influence of recycled concrete aggregate (RCA) quality, the slab’s durability ...

Get Price

Comparative LCA of recycled and conventional concrete

2013-1-23  Comparative LCA of recycled and conventional concrete for structural applications Comparative LCA of recycled and conventional concrete for structural applications Knoeri, Christof; Sanyé-Mengual, Esther; Althaus, Hans-Joerg 2013-01-23 00:00:00 In summary, the current market mixtures of recycled concrete in Switzerland show significant environmental benefits compared to

Get Price

Life cycle assessment of hot mix asphalt with recycled ...

2021-9-3  In this study a comparative life cycle assessment (LCA) was conducted according to a ‘cradle-to-laid’ approach to evaluate the potential environmental impacts related to the use of recycled concrete aggregates (RCAs) as a partial replacement of coarse natural aggregates in

Get Price

A Comparative Study of the Properties of Recycled

This research focused on the modification effects on recycled concrete (RC) prepared with nano-SiO 2 and CO 2 cured recycled coarse aggregates (RCA) subjected to an aggressive ions environment. For this purpose, RCA was first simply crushed and modified by nano-SiO 2 and CO 2, respectively, and the compressive strength, ions permeability as well as the macro properties and features of the ...

Get Price

Analysis of Life Cycle Environmental Impact of Recycled ...

2019-5-27  by recycling of demolished concrete–recycled concrete aggregates, and concrete made with such aggregates–recycled aggregate concrete. Desirée Rodríguez-Robles et al. [18] presented a literature review on expected environmental impacts inherent to the production and use of recycled aggregates and other common concrete constituents, as well ...

Get Price

COMPARATIVE LCA OF NATURAL AND RECYCLED

2019-2-27  According to the scope of the present study, the comparative LCA studies on the extraction of recycled coarse aggregate (RCA) from CD waste and processing of NCA is discussed in this paper. The study of Simion et al. [12] revealed that, the CO 2 emission in the processing of RCA is seven times lower than NCA production.

Get Price

Comparative LCA of concrete with natural and recycled ...

Comparative LCA of concrete with natural and recycled coarse aggregate in the New York City area Author: Ardavan Yazdanbakhsh , Lawrence C. Bank , Thomas Baez , Iddo Wernick

Get Price

Comparative Life Cycle Analysis of Concrete and

The concrete case is different from steel, because it can be recycled and reused with ease, especially in bridges. The Spanish concrete regulations recommend using at most 20% of concrete recycled coarse aggregates to produce new concrete . Different concrete recycling ratios are considered [22,23,24]. As described before, the carbonation ...

Get Price

Comparative LCA of recycled and conventional concrete

2013-1-23  Comparative LCA of recycled and conventional concrete for structural applications Comparative LCA of recycled and conventional concrete for structural applications Knoeri, Christof; Sanyé-Mengual, Esther; Althaus, Hans-Joerg 2013-01-23 00:00:00 In summary, the current market mixtures of recycled concrete in Switzerland show significant environmental benefits compared to

Get Price

Life cycle assessment of hot mix asphalt with recycled ...

2021-9-3  In this study a comparative life cycle assessment (LCA) was conducted according to a ‘cradle-to-laid’ approach to evaluate the potential environmental impacts related to the use of recycled concrete aggregates (RCAs) as a partial replacement of coarse natural aggregates in

Get Price

Comparative Life Cycle Assessment of earth-block and ...

2015-4-20  • Recycled Concrete Aggregates at a ra te of 60% for concrete, the remaining 40% is assumed to be disposed as landfill • 60% of the structural steel is assumed to be recycled, while the remaining 40% is disposed as landfill • Filler at a rate of 60% for fired bric ks, the remaining 40% is assumed to be disposed as landfill

Get Price

Recycled aggregate concrete (RAC) – comparative analysis ...

2020-1-22  Based on existing norms and specifications that allow the use of recycled aggregates in the production of concrete, a comparison is made of the parameters involved, such as density, water absorption and contaminants ratio within the recycled aggregates and maximum strength allowed for the recycled aggregate concrete, among others.

Get Price

Analysis of Life Cycle Environmental Impact of Recycled ...

2019-5-27  by recycling of demolished concrete–recycled concrete aggregates, and concrete made with such aggregates–recycled aggregate concrete. Desirée Rodríguez-Robles et al. [18] presented a literature review on expected environmental impacts inherent to the production and use of recycled aggregates and other common concrete constituents, as well ...

Get Price

Life Cycle Assessment of Aggregates

2019-9-13  7.0 THE AGGREGATES INDUSTRY LIFE CYCLE ASSESSMENT MODEL 15 7.1 The Aggregates Industry Life Cycle Assessment Model 15 7.2 User friendly features 21 8.0 CASE STUDY RESULTS 22 8.1 Crushed rock aggregates 22 8.2 Land won sand and gravel aggregates 25 8.3 Marine sand and gravel aggregates 30 8.4 Recycled aggregates 32 9.0 CONCLUSIONS 34

Get Price

Comparative Tests of Beams and Columns Made of

Comparative Tests of Beams and Columns Made of Recycled Aggregate Concrete and Natural Aggregate Concrete Andrzej B. Ajdukiewicz1 and Alina T. Kliszczewicz2 Received 6 October 2006, accepted 14 March 2007 Abstract The tests concerning use of concrete with recycled aggregates (RAC) presented in different countries were focused on material ...

Get Price